Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Camp--Camp Davidson

Once again God never lets us down. We just had an amazing week at Camp Davidson. Once again God was pouring out His Love and Hope to a generation that Satan is trying to destroy. It was amazing to see the faces of the campers as they were coming into camp and the difference when they left to go home.

I had the oppurtunity to pray with a young man who was in middle school. He came up to me and asked if I would pray for his wrist. He had sprained it before coming to camp and it was hurting him badly. I said a quick prayer and just like that God healed him. This young man looked at me with the biggest eyes as he starts to rotate his wrist with no pain.

Earlier that night I noticed that I had a spider bite on my right arm. For some people this isn't a big deal however for me the smallest bite usually puts me down for at least 3 hours. Right away I confirmed my bite with the nurse. As I was going into the service I was starting to feel the results of this bite. I decided that I wasn't going to let this destract me from worshiping God. We had an amazing worship time and God was moving among the students down at the altar.

When Mark, our speaker, was coming up to speak I headed to my seat. I looked at my arm to see how my spider bite was doing. I didn't see anything. It was gone. I showed one of our leadership team members who was there when I first discovered the bite. He couldn't find anything as well. I then showed the nurse and she as well couldn't find this spider bite. God had healed me.

However probably the most amazing part of camp was for me was when Mark asked all the pastor and Missionary kids to come to the front. He then proceeds to pray for the Pk's and Mk's that God would restore their hearts and take away their hurts. I would have to say that God renewed a lot of our PK's and MK's that night. We were able to get the contact information to our PK's and MK's so that we can stay in constant contact with them. I cannot wait to build great relationships with our PK's and MK's all across our state.

No comments: