Friday, July 11, 2008

Here We Go!!

I remember when I was a teenager at summer camp. It was a time that I will never forget because it was there that God called me to be a youth pastor. Maybe that's why I love camps. This is a time to get away from all the distractions of our everyday lives. Like the cell phone, t.v., and yes for us adults those annoying bills.

I leave tomorrow to head off to camp for the next three weeks. After all the hard work that my coordinators have put into their camps the time has come to enjoy the ride. This is probably the hardest part about camp is to step aside and let God have complete control in what He wants to do. For the next three weeks teenagers will be dedicating their lives to God, Drawing closer to God, being healed, Baptized and called into ministry. There is nothing like being apart of something like that.

I just ask that you please pray for our camps, camp coordinators and team leaders, the youth pastors and all the teenagers that will be at camp. I believe that God is going to show up like never before. I believe this will be a summer camp that we will never forget.

I also ask that you pray for my family as this will be the longest stretch away from home. Not only do I have camps for the next three weeks but we will be in California raising our support for the rest of the summer. Thats right Today is my last day at home until the end of Aug. I am thankful that my family will join me in California. Please pray because this trip is vital for us in pursuing full missions status.

Thank you for your prayers and support. We do not exist without our ministry team and that's you. I pray that God will bless you and uplift you and give you strength each day. And know that you are loved.

No comments: