Monday, August 25, 2008

Going Home

This summer has been absolutely amazing. Since summer camp I have been on the road with my family in California. We not only have been able to spend some much needed quality time with family but have been busy raising our support.

This adventure has taken us all over. We have been able to meet great people along this journey and have rekindled a lot of relationships from our past. One of my highlights this summer was being able to go back to Tehachapi, Ca. This was our first full-time position in youth ministries. To be honest with you this is where the seed was planted in reaching schools.

We were able to see a lot of our old teenagers who aren't teenagers anymore. This was truly a gift. We also had the opportunity to share our ministry to the church that we were on staff at and see a lot of familiar faces we have not seen in years. When I look back on my life it is amazing on how many people have poured into my life and help shape me into who I am today. I thank God everyday for the people who have been apart of my life one way or another.

Finally we are coming home. I can't wait to be home even though going home means that school is starting and life is really going to get busy. I can't wait. I am looking forward in meeting new people along this path that God is taking me on. Please pray as we are actively raising our support in a time that finances are tight for everyone. I know God is faithful. He always has and always will be.

No comments: