Thursday, January 15, 2009

2009 Here We Go!

Now that 2008 is over and 2009 has just begun it gives me a since of a fresh starts. If you are anything like me when a new year starts you kind a feel like you have a chance for a fresh start. This last year has been spent traveling and trying to raise our budget and can I say its been a fun but hard year.

So, 2009 begins the same way 2008 ended however I feel like I have a fresh start. I am excited to think that I will be fully funded this year and will be able to focus just on seven projects in our schools instead of worrying about how our bills will be paid. Our Goal is to find 100 people to pledge at least $25 a month. This will put us where we need to be so we can focus on our mission field next school year.

It is hard to slow down the process for our communities when it comes to reaching the schools but first things first. People and churches are seeing this need. Just this month alone we have been able to pick up over $250 in monthly support. What does that mean? We only have 90 more people to join us.

I get emails all the time from teenagers that are asking for help for their mission field, their school. I am not ashamed to say that I need help to get back on mine. Please pray that God will open the hearts of many for the 385,000 teenagers in Oregon and get behind us not just in prayer but in financial support.

No comments: